Thursday, May 22, 2008

Hiatus Interruptus

The cobwebs have certainly been growing around here, I'd almost forgotten all about this blog. Reading back over the 40ish posts so far, I can't say my mind has changed. I would not have picked the outcome of the US Primaries, and didn't foresee the long honeymoon that would accompany Kevin Rudd through the first six months of his government, or the dwindling oppositions at a Federal level, Victoria, West Australia, New South Wales, Tasmania and generally low levels elsewhere. The Queensland conservative parties have to make up their minds about merging, and the ACT opposition leader has a very young leader.

So I'm coming back to blogging, and I'll start off slowly, but with a distinctly Australian feel. There'll certainly be more important stories as they emerge on the international front, but depending on their importance and relevance may not be in the same amount of detail.